Database & Computer Systems Administrator
Are you intrigued with how things work? Do people think of you when something is broken? Did you get in trouble as a kid from disassembling technology just to see how it all comes together?
Excellent, because this is not your run-of-the-mill database and computer systems administrator position.
We’re not a big conglomerate, with corporate offices in some tall building in another time zone. We’re local. We’re family owned. We’ve been in business for 40 years. And we put people before process.
Sure, we’re looking for specific skills. But we’re also looking for someone who’s inquisitive, likes asking questions, and enjoys “what if …” scenarios.
If that’s you, then welcome to The Print Source!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with users, vendors, technicians, and managers to understand program intent, functions, data operating systems environment, and interfaces with other systems
• Identify, define, and assess the properties and specifications necessary for the database management system (DBMS) to meet current and future needs
• Write custom reports
• Define and execute procedures for testing and implementing new applications in the database environment
• Develop, implement, and monitor access policies, limiting database access on a need-related basis
• Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in DBMS and related technology
• Assess current and projected database performance and recommend changes and enhancements
• Draft training documentation and guidelines for end users
• Implement and support software products including troubleshooting and working with vendors and users to resolve issues
• Maintain documentation of support, network, and IT related systems
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
• Setup equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software
• Work with 3rd party vendor on windows updates, network fixes, firewall, and backups
• Contribute to the corporate objectives of The Print Source, Inc
• Meet or exceed expectations of all internal customers
• Practice 6S principles
• Focus on continuous improvement
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Thorough understanding of file structures and design, information retrieval techniques, file access methods, and database controls and standards
• Strong skills in project management
• Impactful and respectful interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Attentive listening skills
• Mathematical proficiency
• Ability to multi-task
• Comfortable working in a team environment
• Able to read, write, speak, and understand English
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum two years of concentrated study in computer science or programming; three years recent work-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Outlook Exchange, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and related software
• Experience with Crystal Reports and Microsoft Reporting Services a plus
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Management Systems a plus
• Ability to work on site in Wichita, KS (potential hybrid work)
• Ability to perform the essential job functions
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Click above, scroll to the bottom of the page, fill out the brief form, and you’re on your way!